MS Title Group:
Project Server is project management software that runs on Windows Server. It enables medium-sized and large organizations to better manage projects and project portfolios. Project Server is accessed through its clients: Project Professional and Project Web App.
This product includes a server license. In addition, each user or device that accesses Project Server must have a client access license (CAL).
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Project Server to:
- Effectively analyze and report on both projects and programs
- Collaborate on project management across the entire enterprise
- Enterprise project management: You can integrate this product with Project Professional and Project Web App to give users control across all types of work and allow them to visualize performance through dashboards.
- Portfolio management: You can identify, select, manage, and deliver portfolios of projects, programs, and software applications that align with your strategy.
- Demand management: The demand management module collects project ideas and proposals. You can manage the proposals with triage and selection workflow and then execute and track the selected projects.
- Mobile access: A web-based mobile site enables team members and project managers to view project status at a glance on a mobile device. Supported phones are Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from TechSoup after you request this product.
Expect two emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the organization email that is registered with TechSoup is up-to-date. Visit My Member Profile and verify the address in your active organization profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup to obtain your donation through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
- The recommended hardware requirements depend on such usage variables as the number of projects, tasks, and users and the average tasks per project. See the full list of system requirements.
- Windows Server 2012 Standard, Database; Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter
- SharePoint Server 2013
- SQL Server 2012; SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1
- For the software requirements for specific Project Server 2013 features see the full list of system requirements
- Client requirements:
- For Project Web App — Internet Explorer 8/9/10
- For Project Professional client connectivity — Project Professional 2013
Product restrictions can be found under Microsoft's eligibility guidelines.